Sunday, January 6, 2008

Coming to an end!

As I sit to write this, Tim and I are grieving. Yes, it is back to work tomorrow and the end of our Christmas break is officially here. I know some of you have been back to work since Wednesday but as teachers, we REALLY enjoy every tiny bit of vacation we can get. We had such a wonderful break. We usually make a trip to Alabama to see Tim's family the day after Christmas, but this year we headed to Colorado Springs. My sister and her husband are stationed at Ft. Carson and they do not know how long they will be there, so we decided to take advantage of them being there since I have never been (Tim was actually born in Colorado.) Thank you to Tim's family for so graciously sharing us with others! We had some good realxing time, but we could not go to Colorado and not do a little looking around! Here are some pics of our fun trip.

This is us 6 miles short of the top of Pike's Peak. It is as far as they would let us up since they were expecting 22 inches of snow that night!

This is a shot of the Rockies from Pike's Peak!

Our next little jaunt was to The Garden of the Gods. This is the leaning rock that Tim and Anna are so AMAZINGLY holding up!

Our happy, frozen, scared, little family!

Can you see the "Kissing Camels"

These are a couple of shots from outside the Focus on the Family Headquarters.

Cool Tour....Thanks Dr. Dobson!

Last, but definately not least.....The Royal Gorge! Check out the bridge!! This is one of my favorite shots! As I walked back across the bridge(yes, I walked it!) I stopped halfway and leaned over the edge and this is what I saw!!! What a Royal Rush!!!

So, you can see why we are sad it is all coming to an end! We had so much fun on our trip and for the record....I was able to drive for almost 2 hours!! I know!!! Anyways, it is back to work, but we will remember this trip! I hope all of you who have already gone back to work don't hate us too much, but I had to share. Please keep Tim and I in your prayers as we plug along this semester. I will be working on adding private kinder to the preschool I direct at our church, and Tim is in his last semester of grad school which he condensed into one year!!! Go Tim. He is going to school to become a principal, so he will not only be teaching this semester, he will be teaching, and looking for a principal job as well. Please lift him up! He has done so well and has maintained a 4.0 GPA! Can you tell I am so proud! Thank you all so much for caring to read about our family and we hope that God will truly bless all of you in this new year! Take Care!

6 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

YOU. WALKED. ACROSS. THAT. BRIDGE?!

It looks like you had a great vacation. You know, they need good principals in New England, also. = )

Tech Daddy said...

Great job Tim.

Sarah said...

Oh wow!! You probably already know this but we just left the Springs less than a year ago. We were supposed to be at Ft. Carson but due to an error we got sent to the Air Force base. Still, it was a pretty good 2 1/2 years, only get this... I NEVER got to go up Pikes Peake. I was either pregnant or had a child who was too young or bad weather and I never went up. Only my hubby and oldest daughter did. SIGH!

Marc and Charity said...

Leslie! I'm so proud of you for doing a blog! Finally. Just kidding.

Tad and Monica said...

Hey Leslie! Found this through Stepahnie's blog. So good to see what's going on with y'all. Send me your e-mail address through Facebook so I can send you an invite for my blog. (I'm somewhat paranoid...for no good reason....)
Hey to Tim!
Monica

Amy said...

Beautiful pictures! I also have family from Colorado Springs and we were there just last year. In fact, they live right by the Garden of the Gods so we had great views of the Kissing Camels. Thanks for sharing! I found you through Stephanie's blog...