Monday, January 19, 2009

Not a Domestic Diva

***UPDATE***
Thank you to my domestic diva friends. Although I was hoping to get a tip on a miracle cleaner, you provided music to my ears when you told me to buy new ones! After all, if all of you ladies whom I admire would go buy new ones....gosh darn it I too will buy new ones!

Let me begin by saying that just because I am not a domestic diva does NOT mean that my houshold is in chaos or that it is a pigsty. What it DOES mean is that I am not one who knows all of the little shortcuts and neat ideas about how to get things done in a cheap, quick, or fun(yes I said fun) manner. I do, however, know that I have some blog world friends who fit the bill. I need your help...not your judgement:):):)


OK, now that I have gotten the important stuff out of the way...HELP! OH PLEASE HELP! I decided that I was going to do some cleaning in my kitchen that does not normally get done. Such as under and around my fridge, washer/dryer and stove. Again, we are not talking pigsty here, I just don't consider these things daily clean up spots. Well, I decided to take my burners apart to really get a good cleaning on my range top and HOLY COW. Now, keep in mind that you have continued reading which means that you have silently agreed not to judge...right? Ok here we go...
Not too bad, right? my stove top is clean and shiny!




Now, this is what was revealed when I unplugged my burners and took them off.

This is the worst one A.K.A the one I use the most!

OK, so now that I have exposed my domestic downfalls to you, let me tell you one more thing...these pictures were taken after they had been soaking in the sink for 2 hours, scrubbed with soft scrub, and scrubbed again with another cleaner. Are you still with me? Good, because this is where your help kicks in. I know it would be easy to say "oh, Leslie, just go buy some new ones." But I know you will not tell me that because, as I mentioned above, you are domestic divas and part of that involves saving money. So for dinner tonight, I am going to call in for pizza (since I am not the expert on saving money here) and wait for you nuggets of wisdom. I appreciate you!

5 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

Okay, I'll be checking back regularly for comments on this one because I've given up on mine! I've tried Kaboom, Comet, soaking, and several other cleaners to no avail. I finally did give up and go buy! I can't wait to see who has the magic answer!

Sean and Lendy said...

Try something called "Greased Lightening". It will take off anything! If that doesn't work...call Home Depot and get some new ones. We had to buy new ones when we moved out of our apartment. Then I'd start saving up for a ceramic top stove. It's EASY cleaning! Love you!

Tad and Monica said...

I've tried...and failed...and bought new ones. Some people cover them with foil so the thing itself doesn't actually get dirty.

Stephanie Kay said...

I'd buy new ones. They aren't that expensive. You might spend more in money and time than new ones will cost you. =) Sorry I'm no help.

Marc and Charity said...

I was just about to say...just buy new ones and clean them more often? That's all I got. :) They can't be that expensive can they? Not sure.